This ad is expired.
Instructional Coordinator for Organic Chemistry
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. Our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Title: Instructional Coordinator for Organic Chemistry
Department: Department of Chemistry
The Instructional Coordinator will prepare recitation materials in organic chemistry, assist with departmental assessment of student learning, and may also lecture in this area to ensure continuity and consistency.
- Develop, modify, and assess organic chemistry recitation materials.
- Supervise faculty using those materials
- Teach sections of organic chemistry recitation
- Lecture in organic chemistry
- Assist with departmental assessment in organic chemistry
- Ph.D. in Chemistry with extensive experience the area of organic chemistry or Ph. D. in related discipline with extensive experience in the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Experience in developing materials in organic chemistry preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with faculty and students
- Proficient in basic organic chemistry theory
- Ability to develop effective instructional materials and ensure appropriate usage
- Ability to maintain effective communication with students and faculty
In compliance with NYC's Pay Transparency Act, the annual salary range for this position is $65,000 to $70,000. St. John's University considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/StJohnsEdu/Careers/jobs/219326
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency