This ad is expired.
Sr. Laboratory Coordinator
The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering seeks a Senior Lab Coordinator who will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Undergraduate Teaching Lab. This role will work closely with faculty and students to guide and assist with all aspects of equipment and safety in the teaching lab and will also be responsible for maintaining and testing lab equipment, interpreting the results of these tests and improving the lab capabilities. Depending on qualifications, teaching opportunities could be provided. The coordinator will also provide guidance and support of safety regulation in the research laboratories of the Department.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as department safety officer, overseen by the faculty safety champion, to ensure safe practices in the laboratories and compliance with all applicable university, federal, state, and local safety environmental regulations.
- Perform regular and safety inspections, and prepare and present semiannual safety training presentations to department
- Routinely check and order laboratory supplies
- Maintain laboratory space, equipment, and inventory in an appropriate and professional manner. Maintain all lab equipment, making sure it is calibrated and in good working order.
- Perform preventative maintenance on laboratory instrumentation as issues occur
- Develop or recommend new equipment or testing techniques to improve the lab's capabilities.
- Provide specialized knowledge to assist students with technical and theoretical questions regarding the equipment and experiments.
- Interact with undergraduate students in a professional manner and work collaboratively with graduate teaching assistants to maintain on-going activities
- Collect information related to departmental accreditation by ABET and prepare for ABET review.
- Design and establish a system for managing and backing up information technology associated with laboratory equipment.
- Create and maintain a detailed schedule of fixed assets
- Recommend to the departmental manager whether and when fixed assets should be disposed.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology or related field.
- Three years related experience.
- Master's degree, with related graduate research, may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Master's degree in chemical engineering, engineering or physical science major.
- Alternatively, a BS degree in a chemical engineering, engineering or physical science major in conjunction with industrial experience in engineering or science would be attractive.
- Significant experience with lab management and upkeep; interest in interacting with students.
- This position may require a lot of standing.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Classified Title: Sr. Laboratory Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: $38,920 - $53,520 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30-5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Homewood Campus
Department name: Dept of Chemical and Biomolecular Engrg
Personnel area: Whiting School of Engineering
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-Laboratory-Coordinator-MD-21219/759252600/
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-fb79d4aaab320a44aa1cce678748a0a5